This guide will walk you through the steps of participating in the Take Flight event that begins on September 7th. Please note, new registrations for Take Flight have closed; this guide is for individuals who are eligible, registered, and have successfully completed identity verification. Please ensure you are on a desktop or laptop computer – mobile devices are not supported.
To begin, navigate to https://takeflight.moonbeam.foundation/ and sign in with your email and password.
After logging in you’ll be greeted by a menu that confirms your identity verification status. Click “Next” to proceed.
If you don’t see the above screen, you can navigate to Profile and click on the shopping cart.
On the following page you’ll be asked to review the terms and conditions of the Take Flight event:
- You’ll be asked to read and review the token purchase agreement. Click on the square icon to open the PDF in a new tab.
- If you agree with the terms and conditions of the Moonbeam Take Flight Agreement, you may check the box.
- If you understand that the purchase amount cannot be less than $500 and cannot be greater than $2,500, you may check the box.
- If you understand that payment of the purchase amount is final and irreversible and non-refundable, you may check the box.
- If you understand that the purchase in this round cannot exceed the maximum contribution allowance per individual, you may check the box.
- Press “I agree” to continue.
On the following screen, perform the following steps:
- Enter your contribution amount. Note: if you contribute less than the maximum amount, you cannot return later and contribute more, except in a later round.
- Verify your receiving address which is where the GLMR will be sent once it is unlocked. You can follow this guide that shows you how to add a receiving address. Alternatively, you may input it on this screen if you haven’t already selected a receiving address. Please note, the deadline to modify the receiving address is Saturday, September 11 at 11am UTC. After that time it cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- Select your payment currency. The three accepted payment methods are ETH, USDC and USDT, which must be sent over the Ethereum Mainnet network from your
- designated payment address. Funds sent on any other network or sent from an address which is not your designated payment address will be lost.
- Press “Next” to continue.
On the payment confirmation page, perform the follow steps:
- Verify your contribution amount.
- Verify your receiving address.
- Review the Token Purchase Agreement. Click on the square icon to open the PDF in a new tab.
- If you agree to the terms and conditions, check the box.
- Enter your name to sign the agreement. Enter your name exactly as it appears above – this field is case sensitive (check for extra spaces too).
- Press “I agree” to continue.
If you have already connected your payment address via Metamask, the “Connect a Wallet” button will be disabled as it is in the below screenshot. If you haven’t, you may connect it at this time or see the tutorial for how to add a payment address. You may use the same address as both your payment and your receiving address. Either address (payment or receiving) cannot be used if it is already associated in the Tokensoft system with another email (either as the payment or receiving address).
Next, click submit to Metamask and confirm the transaction.
While waiting for the transaction to confirm, you may click on the square icon next to the “Waiting for Confirmation” message to check on the status of the transaction on Etherscan. Once the transaction completes, you may have to wait for a few block confirmations before you are redirected to the “Payment Complete” page. You will also receive an email confirmation.
If you are participating in a subsequent round (individuals eligible for round 1 are also eligible for rounds 2 and 3), you may use the same receiving address and payment address as you did in the earlier round. As a reminder, either address (payment or receiving) cannot be used if it is already associated in the Tokensoft system with another email (either as the payment or receiving address). To participate in another round, you will need to repeat the same steps taken in the first round including signing an agreement. It is not possible to participate in Take Flight by sending funds directly to one of the Moonbeam Foundation’s ethereum addresses – you will lose your funds and you will not receive any GLMR.